Re: Switch default installation image link?
- Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 21:06:18 -0700
- From: Michael Lustfield <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Switch default installation image link?
I'll chime in to what others have said. I think DVD images should notbe the default/main download venue. Even though the careful package
ordering by (alleged?) popularity, I am sure a great deal of Debian
installs use under half of the packages provided by the first DVD (and
many that are not there, of course). A completely offline user will
have to juggle no matter if they got the DVD, and a connected user (no
matter their available bandwidth) will spend more time waiting for the
network if they choose to install from DVD.
Usually, when I hear about people downloading the DVD over a slow paid-per-bit connection, they do it so that they can burn multiple copies and share so that what people have to download is kept to a minimum.
I'm sure other reasons exist where the DVD is the sane option, but the netinst iso is the only thing I ever considered using.
- Prev by Date: Re: Too many Recommends (in particular on mail-transport-agent)
- Next by Date: Re: Too many Recommends (in particular on mail-transport-agent)
- Previous by thread: Re: Switch default installation image link?
- Next by thread: Re: Switch default installation image link?