Bug#862933: ITP: gmailfeed -- A plasmoid for notification and listing unread emails from your Gmail inbox
- Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 17:52:54 -0400
- From: Nicholas D Steeves <nsteeves@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#862933: ITP: gmailfeed -- A plasmoid for notification and listing unread emails from your Gmail inbox
Owner: Nicholas D Steeves <nsteeves@xxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : gmailfeed
Version : 1.1
Upstream Author : Anthony Vital <anthony.vital@xxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://github.com/anthon38/gmailfeed
* License : GPL-3
Programming Lang: C++
Description : A plasmoid for the notification and listing of unread emails from your Gmail inbox
Gmail Feed is a plasmoid for Plasma 5. It provides a list of unread
emails from your Gmail inbox. You also get notified when you receive
To the best of my knowledge there is not yet a plasmoid in the archive
that provides equivalent functionality. While most KDE users probably
use KMail or Thunderbird, and with KDE5/Plasma Desktop can receive new
email notification from an Android Phone, or allow their browser to
display desktop notifications, I believe that it is useful to provide
an applet such as this--particularly for memory-constrained systems
where productivity is negatively affected by keeping a desktop email
Things I haven't yet investigated about this package:
1. Does it support kwallet?
2. Does it use the IMAP interface and/or OAuth 2.0?
3. Does it support GMail labels.
- eg: Are the nofications/lists for IMAP INBOX or for "Primary"
4. If it supports GMail labels, are they configurable?
I believe that it would probably be best to maintain it as part of the
pkg-KDE team; however, I am not yet part of this team. Please CC this
bug when replying. Failing that, I would use a git project in
In terms of priority/timeline it will be at least a month or two before I have the time to package this.