- Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 12:12:25 +0200
- From: Geert Stappers <stappers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: website maintenance
X-Previous-Subject: Re: Moving away from (unsupportable) FusionForge on Alioth
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:19:47AM +0200, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
> On 14 May 2017 at 11:58, lumin <cdluminate@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On the other hand, I fancy modern platforms such
> > as Gitlab, as a user. And wondering when Debian
> > will update its homepage (www.d.o) to a modern
> > design.
> >  This is off-thread, but some of my young
> > friends just gave up trying Debian at the
> > first glance at our homepage.
> off-thread, yes. But please spawn another thread to talk about this real issue.
Doing so right now.
> Our users are really complaining about our look&feel in the web
> and we should address it.
"we should do so many things"
Thing I say about it: Please do.
Whom ever steps forward for taking the Debian.org website in maintenance:
* Downtime for several hours is fine
* Is it okay to switch to a divert Version Control System. Yes, please move away from CVS
* If translation workflow breaks, so be it. One challenge/problem at a time
* The change will also effect the www-team. That is good
You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs