Bug#860067: ITP: minijail -- Utility to run a program inside a sandbox
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:03:14 +1000
- From: Andrew Pollock <apollock@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug#860067: ITP: minijail -- Utility to run a program inside a sandbox
Owner: Andrew Pollock <apollock@xxxxxxxxxx>
* Package name : minijail
Version : 1
Upstream Author : Jorge Lucángeli Obes <jorgelo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
* URL : https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-guide/chromium-os-sandboxing
* License : BSD
Programming Lang: C, C++
Description : Utility to run a program inside a sandbox
minijail provides a consistent method to sandbox of services and applications,
using a mix of capability restrictions, user ID compartmentalisation, namespace
isolation and seccomp.
It is the sandboxing tool of choice for Chromium OS and Android.
- why is this package useful/relevant?
It's a useful security enhancement that could potentially be used by
other packages. There's potential functionality overlap with firejail
- how do you plan to maintain it?
I'm open to maintaining this under collab-maint