Web lists-archives.com

Re: If you can't describe what the package is, you probably should not Intend To Package it.

Ben Finney <bignose@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Howdy all,

My apologies for sending this to ‘debian-devel’. The problem is real and
is worth discussing, but that message's tone was rather more angry than
I wanted.

> When I ask about some of these[0], […]

That reference was to a footnote I forgot to include: I greatly
appreciate that people are volunteering to package important works as
dependencies for useful applications. I am not naming specific packages
because don't want to draw attention to the volunteers, probably Debian
Project newcomers, who should not feel they are the focus of this
complaint; that's not the case.

--
 \      “The manager has personally passed all the water served here.” |
  `\                                                  —hotel, Acapulco |