[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: shutdown 2.0-1
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 21:32:14 +0100
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: shutdown 2.0-1
I've just updated the version of shutdown to v2.0-1 and it can be
found at a server near you.
FULL CHANGELOG (since shutdown-1.10-1)
* Added --install to install Windows Updates during shutdown/reboot.
The InitiateShutdown() Windows API call is used for this. This function is
only available from Windows 6.0 (aka Vista or Server 2008) or higher.
To assure backwards compatibility with WinXP and Server 2003,
InitiateShutdown() is loaded dynamically at runtime. Since Cygwin 2.6
support for Windows XP and Server 2003 has been dropped, so this backward
compatibility will be removed in a future release.
* Added --hybrid to shutdown in hybrid mode. Hybrid is the default shutdown
method with shutting down with the UI of Windows 8.x and higher.
* The default shutdown messages will give more information on what is about
* User can supply his own shutdown message on the command line.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple