Customizing bash user guide out-of-date
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:19:26 +0000
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent)" <Kenneth.Nellis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Customizing bash user guide out-of-date
Chapter 2 of the Cygwin User's Guide  has a section called "Customizing bash" .
This section starts off:
To set up bash so that cut and paste work properly, click on the "Properties"
button of the window, then on the "Misc" tab.
(1) This statement doesn't apply to folks who are running the default terminal
emulation program, mintty.
(2) If folks are invoking bash directly from the Windows console, the cmd.exe tab
is named "Options", at least for Windows 7, which I am running. Perhaps it was named
"Misc" once upon a time.
Since the statement doesn't apply to the default (mintty) installation, perhaps the
paragraph should simply be deleted. Alternatively, I suggest replacing the sentence
with the following:
To set up bash so that cut and paste work properly while running the Windows
console program, cmd.exe, click on the "Properties" button of the window, then
on the "Options" tab.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple