Re: can't run cygwin emacs or XWin Server
- Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 13:09:46 +0000
- From: mike <mikereape@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: can't run cygwin emacs or XWin Server
Hi Marco okay my mistake sorry I made a mistake. I've re-posted to the list.
Best regards and thanks for your help Mike On 25/12/2016 16:29, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Reply in the mailing list please. On 25/12/2016 17:00, mike wrote:On 25/12/2016 15:13, Marco Atzeri wrote:On 25/12/2016 13:55, mike wrote:I run 32 bit cygwin on a 64 bit machine running Windows 7. I used to get an XWin Server terminal running bash at startup (logging into Windows) from which I could run the emacs packaged in cygwin.After a round of updates I don't get the terminal window at startup and if I try to manually launch it it fails to launch and AFAICT if I try to run emacs from a command prompt I get the native version of emacs that Ialso have installed and not the cygwin one. The shortcut for XWin Server isC:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c /usr/bin/startxwin.exeQuestion: Is the Xserver running and you just don't have the Xterm automatically run ?I actually don't know how to do that. Can you tell me please? (I'm not really a Windows person at all more Linux ...)Are the icon of X or XDG visible on the toolbar as in the attached picture ?
-- Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/ Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
- Prev by Date: Re: can't run cygwin emacs or XWin Server
- Next by Date: Cygwin 2.6.1 bash fork errors upon starting mintty
- Previous by thread: Re: can't run cygwin emacs or XWin Server
- Next by thread: [ATTN: PHP Cygwin maintainer] phpdbg doesn't run scripts