Web lists-archives.com

Re: Cygwin 3.0.1-1 Breaks ALL cygwin applications on Windows 7 x64

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 3:38 PM Achim Gratz  wrote:

> Try it with a group that has several hundred members.  Then try with
> several hundreds of such groups.  Then try it again over a DSL line or
> some VPN routing you across the globe that has a roundtrip measured in
> tenths of seconds.

Understood - not ideal for all situations.

An even more appropriate approach is for sshd to ignore case in usernames
when listening for connections on a host OS that ignores case in usernames.

My understanding is that this change will be in the next version of OpenSSH
(unless I misunderstood).

Regards

Bill