Web lists-archives.com

Re: Cygwin 3.0.1-1 Breaks ALL cygwin applications on Windows 7 x64

> On Feb 26, 2019, at 8:55 PM, Jerry Baker wrote:
>
> I don't work for free,
This is open source. Given that the people here do, that's not a very good argument.

> especially for hostile people with over inflated egos and crippling social disorders.
Don't feed it by arguing.

> The onus is on whoever is interested in having cygwin work in this particular configuration.
Again, this is open source; there is no onus.

Win7x64 is a very common cygwin installation (including one of my VM's, which has
no issues with 3.x). You're the only one reporting the problem. If this were a general
Win7x64 problem, the list would have exploded by now. You're the only who has
access to your system. Consequently, you're the only one that's going to be able to
debug it. There's nothing obvious (to me, anyway) in your cygcheck.out. If you don't
care enough to debug it, that's not a problem; just live with 2.x for as long as 2.x will
continue to work.

You might try strace'ing a cygwin program and see if anything obvious shows up in
the output. Look for Windows errors, permission errors, etc. (Don't send it here unless
someone asks for it). See the User's Guide (https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net.html)
for info on strace.