Web lists-archives.com

Re: Question about D-Bus and cygrunsrv

Hey Mike,

On Feb 21 16:56, Mike Brady wrote:
> Hello again. Further to the rather vague email below, here is a link to what I did to install Shairport Sync on a fresh Cygwin installation:
>
> https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/blob/development/CYGWIN.md <https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/blob/development/CYGWIN.md>
>
> Regards
> Mike
>

> > On 20 Feb 2019, at 21:50, Mike Brady <mikebrady@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there. I'm trying to set up Shairport Sync as a CYGWIN service, and I'm trying to use cygrunsrv.
> >
> > Briefly, I can get everything to work properly except the D-Bus interface -- when shairport-sync is installed as a service, it can't "own" a well-known name on the "system" D-Bus.
> >
> > I built a configuration and installer for shairport sync essentially by copying the avahi-daemon-config file.
> >
> > The Avahi deamon uses the system D-Bus successfully under the username "SYSTEM" and without (AFAICS) changing IDs. But for the life of me, I can't get Shairport Sync to work the same way.
> >
> > Incidentally, if I change the D Bus policy file for Shairport Sync to be allowed to own its well-known name on D Bus when running under the logged in account, everything is peachy.
> >
> > Any suggestions gratefully received. Incidentally, I'm the main developer of Shairport Sync -- https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Mike Brady

You have been heard, but I have not the faintest clue what d-bus or,
FWIW, avahi are doing.  Ideally, if you could break down the problem
to a simple, self-contained testcase which shows what exactly is not
working on a plain libc level, help may be possible :}

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer