Web lists-archives.com

vim 64 conflict with windows slash and swapfile

Don't know if this is a VIM bug or CYGWIN bug.  Probably something I have configured incorrectly.

I just cut over to Cygwin 64-bit, on Windows 10, VIM 8.0, Windows command line (not bash).
When opening a file to edit, using back slashes in the path, VIM warns "unable to open swapfile".  Swap file is not, in fact, created.
Permissions are correct, file opens, edits, saves fine.
Using the same command with forward slashes gives no error.  Using the same command, with backslashes, on 32-bit CYGWIN gives no error.

Not a large bug, but a nuisance.  Thanks.

Kit Taylor
Software Engineer, Mitsubishi Custom Controls
ktaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ktaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxx>