[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup (2.895)
A new version of Setup (2.895) has been uploaded to:
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
Changes compared to 2.893:
- Drag setup into the 1990s, by replacing the custom-drawn package
chooser with a ListView common control.
-- Use standard UI elements to choose an action to take on a package or
category, rather than the weird UX of clicking to cycle around a list of
options of undisclosed length.
-- Behaviour change: previously, a category action only affected
packages which matched any name search filter applied. Now all packages
contained by the category are affected.
-- Category view now shows a count of packages in a category
-- Add long description as a tooltip for description
-- Package selection can now be done via keyboard (crudely)
- Add support for ZStandard compression for packages and .ini files
- Fix a new warning reported by gcc 8
- Avoid a potential crash when checking for cached packages
- Use pkgconfig for build prerequisite checking
- Fix log spam when package vendor is something other than "cygwin"
- Various cleanups
Thanks to Ken Brown and Achim Gratz for help and patches.
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple