Something makes curl hang for 5 minutes after connection refused
- Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 14:03:31 +0300
- From: Basin Ilya <basinilya@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Something makes curl hang for 5 minutes after connection refused
Recently I noticed that `curl` does not fail immediately after connection refused, but waits for 5 minutes.
This only happens on my machine and only with the `Cygwin` version of `curl`. The mingw version is unaffected.
I tried downgrading curl, but it didn't help. I thought there's a rogue setting in `/etc` or in home or maybe some environment variable, but I couldn't find it.
$ >/dev/null /usr/bin/curl -v http://127.0.0.1:2/
* STATE: INIT => CONNECT handle 0x80048658; line 1404 (connection #-5000)
* Added connection 0. The cache now contains 1 members
* Trying 127.0.0.1...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* STATE: CONNECT => WAITCONNECT handle 0x80048658; line 1456 (connection #0)
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:04:59 --:--:-- 0* Connection timed out after 300145 milliseconds
* stopped the pause stream!
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:05:00 --:--:-- 0
* Closing connection 0
* The cache now contains 0 members
curl: (28) Connection timed out after 300145 milliseconds
$ /usr/bin/curl --version
curl 7.59.0 (i686-pc-cygwin) libcurl/7.59.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2p zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.0.4 libpsl/0.18.0 (+libidn2/2.0.2) libssh2/1.7.0 nghttp2/1.31.0
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS Debug IDN IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP HTTP2 UnixSockets HTTPS-proxy PSL Metalink
Can someone try to reproduce it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple