Web lists-archives.com

Re: setup.exe: How do I download sources for just ONE package when using setup-x86 from the command-line?

Am 01.11.2018 um 17:37 schrieb John Doucette:
Hi all,

My current setup-x86 is version 2.893.
Cygwin is not installed yet, so I am running setup-x86.exe from within PowerShell on Win7.

PS C:\>  .\setup-x86.exe -V
PS C:\ > Cygwin setup 2.893

First I run setup to download all things Devel using:

PS C:\>  .\setup-x86.exe -D -l C:\X027-001-011 -O -s http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin -f -C Devel  -q

This correctly downloads all Devel stuff and dependencies as expected, including the boost-build package.  Then I want to download the sources for just boost-build.  Since the dependencies for boost-build have already been resolved above I use:

PS C:\>  .\setup-x86.exe -D -l C:\X027-001-011 -O -s http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin -f -I -P boost-build  -q

This does download the sources for package boost-build, but ALSO downloads the sources for ALL of the dependencies of boost-build! I.e. sources for cygwin, gcc, bash, ... etc.  The same thing happens if -Y is added to the command as below.

PS C:\>  .\setup-x86.exe -D -l C:\X027-001-011 -O -s http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin -f -Y -I -P boost-build  -q

Trying to directly download the src package in question doesn't work either, as in:

PS C:\>  .\setup-x86.exe -D -l C:\X027-001-011 -O -s http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin -f -I -P boost-build-src  -q

I can accomplish what I want if I use the setup-x86 gui for the second part of the operation. I.e. First run the first command above to get all of latest Devel.

PS C:\>  .\setup-x86.exe -D -l C:\X027-001-011 -O -s http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin -f -C Devel  -q

Then start up the setup-x86.exe ui. Choose to download only from the same mirror to the same local folder.  Under the View pulldown, select Category. Click on the circle symbol by All cycling around through Install -> Reinstall -> Uninstall -> Default resulting in all items being marked as skipped. Expand the Devel category and select boost-build 1.66.0-1.  Then also tick off the boost-build src box. Select Next, Next ... until download starts. Only the boost-build sources are downloaded.

John Doucette

It seems to me that you are complicating your life

why do you not just select full view, search for the package
you are looking for and click on source ?

---