setup 2.895 release candidate - please test
- Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 17:12:22 +0100
- From: Jon Turney <jon.turney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: setup 2.895 release candidate - please test
A new setup release candidate is available at:
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.895.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.895.x86.exe (32 bit version)
Please test and report any problems here.
This is not the place for setup feature requests.
Changes compared to 2.893:
- Drag setup into the 1990s, by replacing the custom-drawn package
chooser with a ListView common control.
-- Use standard UI elements to choose an action to take on a package or
category, rather than the weird UX of clicking to cycle around a list of
options of undisclosed length.
-- Behaviour change: previously, a category action only affected
packages which matched any name search filter applied. Now all packages
contained by the category are affected.
-- Category view now shows a count of packages in a category
-- Add long description as a tooltip for description
-- Package selection can now be done via keyboard (crudely)
- Add support for ZStandard compression for packages and .ini files
- Fix a new warning reported by gcc 8
- Avoid a potential crash when checking for cached packages
- Use pkgconfig for build prerequisite checking
- Fix log spam when package vendor is something other than "cygwin"
- Various cleanups
Thanks to Ken Brown and Achim Gratz.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple