Re: scrolling through history in cygwin terminal window line gets garbled
- Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 18:18:35 -0700 (PDT)
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: scrolling through history in cygwin terminal window line gets garbled
On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 16:36:57, Thomas Wolff wrote:
Please test the following:
* Set you prompt to some basic string, e.g. PS1=%. Does that change
* Mintty 2.7.5 changed the default wraparound behaviour to become
compatible with the xterm default. With setting -o OldWrapModes=true,
does that change anything?
* Can you cross-test this in xterm?
* Does it happen in a freshly-started mintty? If it only happens later,
which programs did you run in the meantime?
* Make a screen log demonstrating a minimal test case, please.
This bug has bothered me for years, I would love to see it fixed. Here is a
simple test case:
$ cat ~/.bash_history
echo ABCDEF ABCDEF ABCDEF ABCDEF
echo 0123456789 0123456789 0123456789 0123456789 0123456789 0123456789
$ echo ABCDEF ABCDEF ABCDEF ABCDEF 234
What I tried:
2. "TERM" with no "am" or "bw"
3. "TERM" with both "am" and "bw"
4. "TERM" with "am" only (couldnt find one with "bw" only)
If you have a custom terminal that this works with - provide the "infocmp"
output and I will try it. Note that I am not using Mintty, I am just using
sh.exe and conhost.exe, so it seems that mintty is not the culprit but perhaps
Cygwin DLL or Readline.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple