Web lists-archives.com

Cygwin Setup 2.893 on Windows 10 Version 1709

Hello

The executed command line inside a .VBE program is

Errorcode is  -1
cmd.exe /c  d2u.exe -f -q -k  SOURCEFILE.DAT  &&  rcp   SOURCEFILE.DAT   USER-at-SERVER:DISKNAME:[DIRECTORY]TARGETFILE.DAT  &&  u2d.exe -f -q -k  SOURCEFILE.DAT  2>1>3
Errorcode is   1
Message: Copy successful

BUT NOTHING IS COPIED.

When I use the older CygWin version (32 bit) on Windows 10 and  exactly the same program the following error message is returned:
Errorcode is  -1
cmd.exe /c …
        Message:        0 [main] u2d 7076 find_fast_cwd:   WARNING: Couldn’t compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list cygwin@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:cygwin@xxxxxxxxxx>.
Errorcode is   1

BUT THE FILE IS COPIED.

This program has been used for years on Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit pcs, but with an older 32 bit version of CygWin.
The .DAT file contains normal text (like .txt od .csv files) and is produced by Excel.
It is used to copy data from Windows to VMS 7.3

The path variable begins with C:\cygwin\bin; …        The CYGWIN variable is set to NODOSFILEWARNING
In the Cygwin\bin folder are Dos2Unix, Unix2Dos, d2u, u2d executables listed,

but, of course, I’m not sure whether it is a configuration problem somewhere or really a bug.