Re: Problem with installing Cygwin/X on Windows 10 PC: no icon created
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 18:31:42 +0200
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Problem with installing Cygwin/X on Windows 10 PC: no icon created
Am 02.08.2018 um 16:17 schrieb Zuowei Wang:
Thank you very much for the suggestions.
Concerning your questions:
1. What system and AV do you have ?
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor (Intel(r) Core(tm) i7-6700CPU @3.40GHz)
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
AV: Sophos Anti-Virus; Windows firewall
can you disable it or exclude the cygwin directory ?
I bet it is the AV as it is known to create problems:
2. Can you follow https://cygwin.com/problems.html and provide as attachment the cygcheck.out ?
The cygcheck.out file is 891KB in size, so when being attached as a plain-text attachment, the email was rejected. Would it be possible to send this output file to a different email address or in two separate files?
send it to my personal address,
together with maps.txt
cat /proc/self/maps > maps.txt
There is no "/var/log/xwin/XWin.0.log" file in the related directory.
3. What is the output of rebase -si | grep cygiconv-2.dll
$ rebase -si | grep cygiconv-2.dll
base 0x0003e3ca0000 size 0x00105000
this looks fine but the BLODA is interfering with the
first process load:
Loaded to different address: parent(0x3FD990000) != child(0x3E3CA0000)
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple