Re: Self-compiled xorg-server 1.20.0 crashes at startup, buffer overflow
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 07:38:32 -0400
- From: tumtum00 <tumtum00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Self-compiled xorg-server 1.20.0 crashes at startup, buffer overflow
On 30 July 2018 6:07 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> what about doing also "install package" and properly install the
> resulting binary ?
I'm having trouble doing it the right way: setup.exe won't recognise/list anything under
and I don't find a detailed documentation to go from `cygport package` to actually installing the generated packages.
So I tried 2 things:
- manually unpacking the generated packages, moving the binaries into place an applying the post-install scripts by hand
- copying the `inst/` contents to the cygwin root (setting the `DESTDIR` envvar didn't seem to have any effect on `cygport install`)
Still the same crash in both cases.
That said, from the docs at "Running a local build" in
it shouldn't be necessary to install it into the system, right?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple