Web lists-archives.com

path parameter via cmd batch?

I want to start a cygwin program via a cmd batch script.

I have:

C:\cygwin>type runcmd.bat
@echo off

C:
chdir C:\cygwin\bin

bash --login -c "%*"

echo.
pause

But when I start it I get:

C:\cygwin>runcmd.bat xxx \cygwin\runcmd.bat
xxx: cannot read cygwinruncmd.bat

Press any key to continue . . .

I know the problem: the Windows \ path separator is the bash escape
character. My programm xxx does not see "\cygwin\runcmd.bat", but
"cygwinruncmd.bat", so I cannot convert the path string with xxx.

What can I do?

The final aim is to have a "send to" service in the windows explorer where
I can send any file or directory to xxx for processing.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK