Re: ssh login to cygwin bash?
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 22:21:28 +0200
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: ssh login to cygwin bash?
On 29/03/2018 21:35, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
On Thu 2018-03-29 (13:00), Erik Soderquist wrote:
On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 10:24 AM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
I have installed cygwin openssh and the sshd is running.
When I log in, I get a "DOS shell":
~: uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 WIN-LS0QDOSDIBL 2.10.0(0.325/5/3) 2018-02-02 15:21 i686 Cygwin
~: ssh localhost
I would actually like to know how you managed this, as I have a couple
use cases where this is what I do need...
I have just installed the openssh cygwin package (via setup). That's it.
to have cygwin openssh server active you need
after the installation of the openssh package:
- run /usr/bin/ssh-host-config to configure sshd the service
- start the service with "cygrunsrv -S sshd"
as it seems you have not done so, likely you have another
ssh server than cygwin one running on your pc.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple