Web lists-archives.com

Re: output waring for cygwin process running at setup__.exe

On 19/03/2018 01:09, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

Sorry for my inadequate description.
At postinstall stage, cygwin setup execute /etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash,
this sometimes fails when Cygwin process(es) is(are) alive.
Acooding to http://cygwin.wikia.com/wiki/Rebaseall,
we have to kill or stop cygwin porcesses and sevices before rebase.
This is why I propose that warning messages in pre-install stage in cygwin setup.
Tatsuro

In reality is better to NOT have cygwin process running before
running setup otherwise the update will fail if the
running programs od depending shared libraries are to be update

Regards
Marco