setup 2.891release candidate - please test
- Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 23:32:15 +0000
- From: Jon Turney <jon.turney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: setup 2.891release candidate - please test
A new setup release candidate is available at:
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.891.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.891.x86.exe (32 bit version)
Please test and report any problems here.
This is not the place for setup feature requests.
Changes compared to 2.889:
- 'Use HTTP/FTP Proxy' connection type now uses the WinINet API
As a consequence, the '--user-agent' option now affects this connection
type as well
- Remove the 'Direct(legacy)' connection type and associated cruft
There have been no reported problems with it's replacement, the 'Direct'
connection type, since it's introduction in 2.878
If this is the currently configured connection type, it will be silently
migrated to 'Direct'
- Improve file:// URL handling
All well-formed file URLs should now work. Malformed file URLs we
previously accepted should also still work.
Thanks to SZAVAI Gyula for these changes.
- Various fixes for regressions in 'Install from Local Directory' mode
Thanks to Ken Brown for these changes.
- Add support for setup-minimum-version: in setup.ini
- Preliminary support for 'provides:' and 'conflicts': in setup.ini
- Add a --version option
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple