Web lists-archives.com

Re: Files with attribute temporary invisible in cygwin

On 9/3/2018 21:29, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar  9 21:04, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar  9 14:56, Pavel Kudrna wrote:
On 9/3/2018 10:26, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar  9 00:43, Pavel Kudrna wrote:
There exist files in windows 7 which can't be deleted using cygwin "rm"
command. Files are visible from windows command line or Windows Explorer but
are invisible by "ls -lA" command:

With the snapshot 2018-02-14 files with temporary attribute are visible and

But still I have directories undeletable using "rm -R" which contain files
with both hidden and temporary attributes set.

Duh.  I *knew* I had to remove this "hiding O_TMPFILE files from
readdir" at one point.  No wonder I wrote a matching comment right from
the start.

Of course this can't work with rm -r.  Given rm doesn't see this file it
never unlinks it, so the parent dir can't be removed.

I add this to my List Of Really Bad Ideas.

Still, what files have both attributes set?  What application is
creating these files?  Apart from Cygwin, of course, but Cygwin
O_TMPFILE files are delete-on-close.

Files with both hidden and temporary attributes on belong to LabView 2015. I found 2 in "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI-DAQmx"
and 3 in
"C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Shared Memory\platform\memory\sharedMemoryFiles"

New snapshot up at https://cygwin.com/snapshots

With the snapshot 2018-03-09 all mentioned files are visible by "ls" and "rm -r" removes directories with them (I do it offline after reboot to Windows PE).

Thank you.

With greetings
Pavel Kudrna