Re: setup-x86_64.exe v2.889 doesn't select additionally downloaded packages when installing from local directory
- Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 22:11:37 -0500
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: setup-x86_64.exe v2.889 doesn't select additionally downloaded packages when installing from local directory
[Please don't top-post on this list.]
On 3/3/2018 10:01 PM, Robert Cohen wrote:
Thanks for finding that. However, I am using the same "Local Package Directory" that I used
when I ran it to do the download. For example, here's where things were for all the steps:
1. Directory C:\Updates\cygwin_download, containing setup-x86_64.exe and nothing else
2. Ran setup, "Download without installing", specifying C:\Updates\cygwin_download as
the local package directory, then selected additional packages and performed the download.
at this point, C:\Updates\cygwin_download contained setup-x86_64.exe and a
subdirectory for the mirror site. The setup.ini file was in a x64_64 subdirectory
under the mirror site subdirectory.
3. Then I ran setup again, "Install from local directory", with C:\cygwin64 as the root directory
and C:\Updates\cygwin_download as the local package directory.
Should I have specified something differently for it to detect the additional packages that I
selected for download? I looked in setup.ini and it does list the additional packages that
I had selected.
No. Based on what you said, I don't know what the problem was. Does
/var/log/setup.log.full give any clues?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple