Web lists-archives.com

Re: W10 Mandatory ASLR default

Brian Inglis writes:
> Could setup be updated to reset Mandatory ASLR if the reg keys exist, or an
> /etc/postinstall/[0z]p_disable_mandatory_aslr.sh script do a check and reset?

Both methods would likely be considered hostile by those who are most
likely set these keys and in fact I'd expect them to be re-set by group
policy even if they were changeable in any corporate environment.  Note
that forcing mandatory ASLR on non-ASLR-aware executables is not the
default on Windows 10, although beta-testers might have got pushed such
a setting, based on what was reported here and elsewhere.  Anyone who
sets this option on his own box without understanding what it really
does gets to keep the broken pieces.