Re: cygwin stopped working
- Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 09:48:33 +0100
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: cygwin stopped working
No TOP post please
On 14/02/2018 02:41, Bryan Zimmer wrote:
I have been following this thread closely as I have a similar problem. It
only differs in that mintty, which I use to start bash, fails completely.
It tells me that it cannot fork, that the problem could be that I have more
than 1 cygwin1.dll, that I should run rebaseall or rebase --help.
Unfortunately all cygwin processes have the same problem. Even a fresh,
clean re-installation of all of cygwin left me with the same problem.
Have you checked, what Andreas did ?
On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:58 PM, Andreas Schiffler
Found the workaround (read: not really a solution as it leaves the system
vulnerable, but it unblocks cygwin)
- Go to Windows Defender Security Center - Exploit protection settings
- Disable System Settings - Force randomization for images (Mandatory
ASLR) and Randomize memory allocations (Bottom-up ASLR) from "On by
default" to "Off by default"
Windows Defender is a know problem for fork
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple