Re: xhost: unable to open display ""
- Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 14:37:32 +0000
- From: "Waltz, James" <JWaltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: xhost: unable to open display ""
The solution was stupider than I thought:
1. I thought my DISPLAY was set, but it actually wasn’t. It worked with “:0.0”.
2. “ssh -Y” worked, whereas “ssh -X” did not.
Voila! (so far)
Thanks for your help, guys.
Sent from my iPhone
On Jan 23, 2018, at 22:48, Jack <ostroffjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ostroffjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
On 2018.01.23 19:57, Mark Geisert wrote:
Waltz, James wrote:
I think that I have installed all the necessary packages, but I still get the above error, when I type “xhost +” on my local machine.
I am also still getting a “cannot open display: localhost:10.0” error.
This is DESPITE the fact that:
- I set DISPLAY to “localhost:10.0”
- X11Forwarding is set to “yes” in the sshd_config file
- I changed the “hosts” file, under /etc to have actual IP addresses.
Any idea why this might be happening?
Yes. Change that "10" to "0". So it's "localhost:0.0" or even ":0.0".
Should work much better.... :)
Unless ssh is involved, which was not stated, but I suspect might be part of the issue.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple