Web lists-archives.com

Re: cygwin installation fails in Windows 10 when running with --quite-mode

On 2017-12-18 11:50, Arkady wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Arkady wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Arkady wrote:
>>> I am trying to do:
>>> setup-x86_64.exe -q -p wget -v
>>> The installation fails with the last line "Changing gid to
>>> Administrators" and a small dialog box "setup-x86_64.exe" has stopped
>>> working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."
>>> I tried
>>> setup-x86_64.exe -q -p wget -v -B
>>> and
>>> setup-x86_64.exe -q -p wget -v -B -R C:\Windows\Temp
>>> The same result - the setup fails
>>> The interactive GUI installation works fine.
>>> The quite mode fails to install/update Cygwin on the machin where it
>>> is already installed.
>>> What am I missing?> Reproduced again with Autounattend.xml
>> I tried again on the clean Windows VM
>> setup-x86_64.exe -q -B -R C:\Users\user\Downloads -s
>> http://cygwin/mirror/constant.com
>> After that I tried
>> setup-x86_64.exe -q -B -R C:\Users\user\Downloads -s
>> http://cygwin/mirror/constant.com -p wget,screen
>> Both worked. Looks like my bad
> My goal is to prepare a Windows machine with Cygwin installed. I am
> trying to script the process.
> I have the following section the Autounattend.xml file
>                 <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
>                     <CommandLine>cmd.exe /c
> C:\Windows\Temp\setup-x86.exe -q -R C:\cygwin -l C:\Windows\Temp
> --packages "wget,zip,screen" -s
> http://cygwin.mirror.constant.com</CommandLine>
>                     <Description>Install Cygwin</Description>
>                     <Order>99</Order>
>                     <RequiresUserInput>true</RequiresUserInput>
>                 </SynchronousCommand>
> The whole file is
> https://github.com/larytet/auto-win/blob/master/autounattend/packer-floppy-win10/Autounattend.xml
> The installation fails with the same "setu-x86.exe has stopped
> working". I do not see output, but I bet that this is the same
> "Changing gid to
> Administrators" problem.
> I suspect that this is something related to running as an
> Administrator or System.
> I will greatly appreciate any tip.

Suggest the first step in your process should be to download
as you will get warnings if setup .exe and .ini versions mismatch (setup just
changed again).

Use -B to install for current user only, or run under admin account and use -W
to wait for elevated child,
You could add -v to get more info in ROOT/var/log/setup.log (appended summaries)
and .../setup.log.full (last run details).

You might want to add -g to be able to rerun and keep versions in old installs
upgraded in sync with new installs, as Cygwin does rolling releases and supports
only current releases; you might also need this for initial installs to get base
packages: it's been a long time since I tried any initial installs.

You should not need to run cmd unless you want to run a bat[ch] or c[om]m[an]d