Web lists-archives.com

Re: cygwin installation fails in Windows 10 when running with --quite-mode

Reproduced again with Autounattend.xml
My goal is to prepare a Windows machine with Cygwin installed. I am
trying to script the process.

I have the following section the Autounattend.xml file

                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
                    <CommandLine>cmd.exe /c
C:\Windows\Temp\setup-x86.exe -q -R C:\cygwin -l C:\Windows\Temp
--packages "wget,zip,screen" -s
                    <Description>Install Cygwin</Description>

The whole file is

The installation fails with the same "setu-x86.exe has stopped
working". I do not see output, but I bet that this is the same
"Changing gid to
Administrators" problem.
I suspect that this is something related to running as an
Administrator or System.

I will greatly appreciate any tip.