[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup (2.883)
A new version of Setup, release 2.883, has been uploaded to
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
Changes compared to 2.882:
- Various improvements to behaviour after a download error
- Don't fatal() on unexpected early window messages
- Remove support for installing from a local directory which doesn't
contain a setup.ini file
- Make 'System Proxy Settings' the default (for new installations) on
the 'Select Connection Type' page, rather than 'Direct'
- Fix reading and writing of the "extrakeys" user setting. Maybe -U/-u
does something useful now?
- Pressing enter in the URL textbox on the "Choose Download Site(s)"
page now does 'Add', rather than 'Next'
- Pressing enter in the search textbox on the "Select Packages" page now
causes the search to be performed, rather than 'Next'
- Fix concatenating depends: from each version description section
- Bullet-proof the way we remove empty categories
- If more than one download site is used, we now require downloading
setup.ini from all of them to succeed, rather than just one of them.
- Various code rearrangements and simplifications
Thanks to Ken Brown for several of these changes.
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple