Re: 'bad image error' while trying to run cygwin terminal on my windows 10 laptop
- Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 11:06:54 +0100
- From: Robin Walker <rdhw@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: 'bad image error' while trying to run cygwin terminal on my windows 10 laptop
--On 17 September 2017 09:29 +0300 Hanit Hakim wrote:
i recently downloaded cygwin to my laptop. after it worked for a few
hours, it suddenly threw a bad image error. the message i'm getting when
trying to run the cygwin terminal, is: C:\cygwin64\bin\cygwin1.dll is
either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error...
i already tried to reinstall it, but the error just came back.
In the past 4 weeks, I have seen this problem reported on other non-Cygwin
forums about 4 or 5 times. Upon investigation, in every case, one or more
DLL files had been reduced to zero length files.
It was possible that the actual damage was caused during the previous use
of the affected application, rather than at the time of the reported error.
In every case, the following additional circumstances were true:
- the anti-virus was McAfee;
- the operating system was Windows 10 version 1607;
- after the application of the August 2017 updates for Windows 10 version
Do those circumstances apply in your case?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple