Web lists-archives.com

[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.9.0-0.1

Hi folks,

I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.9.0-0.1

I'm planning for a release next week.  Please test.

What's new:
-----------

- New APIs: explicit_bzero, strnstr.

- New APIs: pthread_mutex_timedwait, pthread_rwlock_timedrdlock,
	    pthread_rwlock_timedwrlock.

- New API: renameat2.

What changed:
-------------

- Improved implementation of <elf.h>.

- strptime(3) supports %s (seconds since Epoch) now, analogue to strftime.

Bug Fixes
---------

- Fix a regression in fflush introduced in 2.8.0.
  Addresses: https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2017-07/msg00041.html

- Fix a regression in reparse point handling introduced in 2.8.1.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-07/msg00114.html

- Fix a potential resource leak when checking reparse points during readdir.

- Fix select and read in Windows console when running under codepage 65001.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-07/msg00388.html

- Fix a clear screen issue in Windows console when running under codepage 65001.
  Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-07/msg00430.html

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat