Web lists-archives.com

Re: ‘SIG_SETMASK’ and -std=c99

On 06/08/2017 11:44, Achim Gratz wrote:
Marco Atzeri writes:
building again hdf5-1.8.18 on latest cygwin I hit

error: ‘SIG_SETMASK’ undeclared

removing  "-std=c99" from CFLAGS solves the issue.

That is not very informative as signal.h is in C99.

however SIG_SETMASK is not

As before the "-std=c99" was not causing any problem , it is not clear
to me if the current behavior is correct or a side effect of latest
cygwin header reshuffle.

The "-std=c*" options are not meant to expose any symbols that are not
defined in the respective C standard.  You almost always want to use
"-std=gnu*" instead if you target POSIX-y systems.

formally you are right. However it seems that Cygwin is now
more stringent than Linux where this problem does not arise.