Web lists-archives.com

Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched

Ian Lambert via cygwin writes:
> Obviously something is not right; here is output from "rebase -is":
> rebase: failed to open rebase database "/etc/rebase.db.x86_64":
> No such file or directory
> "locate rebase.db" gives:
> /cygdrive/e/cygwin64-3/etc/rebase.db.x86_64
> so it was apparently there when running locate database updates
> yesterday at ~1130-1330 (Eastern US), before doing the
> "rebase-trigger full", shutdown/restart, setup.

"rebase-trigger full" removes the existing rebase database and the next
run of setup.exe will recreate it from scratch.

> BLODA is certainly a possibility; Symantec Protection is on the job...
> It was playing well together before, but things do change.

You might want to exempt the Cygwin installation directory from the
real-time protections.  Endpoint Protection does inject itself (rather
two or three DLL) into an address range that is also used by Cygwin in a
lot of cases, but it depends on how exactly it's set up.