Re: Link error with static version of zlib?
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 18:41:23 -0700 (PDT)
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Link error with static version of zlib?
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:07:42, J wrote:
If I am not mistaken, when selecting the package mingw64-x86_64-zlib
with the installer, it installs the library, which has been compiled
as both a DLL and a static library.
But it appears that the minizip library included within the zlib
package is only present in DLL form.
1. mingw64-x86_64-zlib package does not include minizip
$ sage listfiles mingw64-x86_64-zlib
2. mingw64-x86_64-zlib doesnt even pull in the minizip package:
$ sage-cost.sh mingw64-x86_64-zlib
3. The package you are looking for is mingw64-x86_64-minizip, which doesnt get
pulled in from anything:
$ sage rdepends mingw64-x86_64-minizip
you have to manually install it.
4. You are rigth about the DLL:
$ sage listfiles mingw64-x86_64-minizip
If you want the static version, you need to build it yourself, or post issue
Good luck on this though:
Alternatively you can get it from here:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple