Bug: emacs-X11 25.1.1 within "XWin -multiwindow" control-frame only shows "\"
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:44:31 +0200 (CEST)
- From: Tobias Zawada <i_inbox@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Bug: emacs-X11 25.1.1 within "XWin -multiwindow" control-frame only shows "\"
Dear cygwin heroes, I am experiencing an error with the combination of XWin.exe -multiwindow and emacs-X11. Receipt for reconstruction: XWin-version: > Welcome to the XWin X Server > Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project > Release: 126.96.36.199 > OS: CYGWIN_NT-10.0 DREWOR020 2.8.0(0.309/5/3) 2017-04-01 20:47 x86_64 > OS: Windows 10 [Windows NT 10.0 build 15063] (Win64) > Package: version 1.18.4-1 built 2016-07-22 emacs-version: > GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.18.9) Start emacs with: > emacs -Q Compare two arbitrary buffers with > M-x ediff-buffers The minimized ediff-control-frame only shows: > \ I am expecting in the ediff-control-frame something like: > Type ? for help > _/1 If I started emacs in a mintty (2.7.8) I get there the following warning: > (emacs-X11:1832): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_window_parse_geometry() called on a > window with no visible children; > the window should be set up before gtk_window_parse_geometry() is called. The error does not occur with > XWin -rootless & > twm.exe & cygcheck.out is attached. Note: I had to remove all duplicated lines from cygcheck.out to avoid the message size limit of the mail server. Best regards, Tobias
Description: Binary data
-- Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/ Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
- Prev by Date: Re: Compile/run problems on cygwin not solved by going to cygwin64
- Next by Date: Re: Compile/run problems on cygwin not solved by going to cygwin64
- Previous by thread: Re: Compile/run problems on cygwin not solved by going to cygwin64
- Next by thread: Re: Bug: emacs-X11 25.1.1 within "XWin -multiwindow" control-frame only shows "\"