[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup (2.880)
A new version of Setup, release 2.880, has been uploaded to
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe (32 bit version)
https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
Changes compared to 2.879:
- "Internet Explorer Proxy Settings" is renamed to "System Proxy Settings".
- Remove support for the syntax "requires: A | B" in setup.ini, which
calm/upset/genini never generated, and was just treated as "requires:
- Fix a bug where installing a version other than the current version
the first time a package is installed might lead to it's dependencies
not being installed.
- Add some progress reporting during preremove and uninstall operations.
- Fix a bug which caused orphaned packages to be omitted from the
picker. (A regression introduced in 2.878)
- Correctly account for source packages to be installed due to the
--include-source option in the total amount of data to checksum.
- Rename the category "Misc" to "Orphaned".
- Fix an infinite recursion in the setup.ini parser for "depends:"
- Error recovery in setup.ini parsing is now slightly improved, so the
same parse error isn't reported multiple times.
- Add the option "--user-agent" to override the user-agent string sent
in HTTP requests.
(Addresses: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-02/msg00857.html etc.)
- The default user-agent string now contains the setup version.
- Fix that clicking on any column can change "Keep" to "Uninstall".
- Allow click-to-activate in the package list control.
- Improve the unhelpful error message "Can't open (null) for reading: No
- Remove some messagebox spam when using file:// protocol URLs for a
package repository without a compressed setup.ini.
- Some source code cleanups and cruft removal.
Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list cygwin AT
cygwin DOT com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple