Web lists-archives.com

Sometimes Emacs sticks on forking...

I use latest Cygwin Emacs W32 under Windows 10 x64 and Emacs spawns external
processes like hg/git when it open file.

Sometimes it freezes and in procexp I see spawned Emacs fork.

Usual build-in Emacs C-g key binding doesn't help much (it work with lots of
key press and long delay). It is faster to find Emacs fork in procexp and kill

I've read

and some suggestion to debug is:

How can I get messages from GUI program? Emacs W32 open conhost terminal
buffer. Is that a place where I should expect warn message?

What if problem occur in temporary spawned processes from Emacs? Do they
attached to conhost terminal buffer?

I have one BLODA, Windows Defender (win10 x64). How can I disable it? I see
tricks like:

  Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender]

I have Home license and have no access to Group Policy editor...