Web lists-archives.com

Re: Babel trouble with latest cygwin package

On 6/9/2017 5:58 PM, Harvey Stein wrote:
I'm using cygwin on Windows 7, setup.exe version 2.879 (64 bit).

I updated my packages yesterday, and now Babel in LaTeX is having
trouble.  The line:

is eliciting the following error message:

! Package babel Error: Unknown option `USenglish'. Either you misspelled it
(babel)                or the language definition file USenglish.ldf was not fo

See the babel package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.393 \ProcessOptions*

This is the correct parameter for the babel package and works on other
platforms and worked before the package update >
When I change the line to:

the error goes away.

Is there an issue with how latex was packaged?

No, this is a known bug in the upstream babel-english package:

It looks like a fix was just committed a few days ago. I'll update texlive-collection-latex within the next few days.