openssh: privilege separation no longer supported on Cygwin?
- Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 07:23:09 +0200
- From: Houder <houder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: openssh: privilege separation no longer supported on Cygwin?
Privilege separation in sshd defaults to "sandbox" (as far as
I understand, "openssh" has implemented a new mechanism).
... now I remember Corinna writing, that 'sandbox will not be
an option for Cygwin' ... or words to that effect.
Does this mean, that under Cygwin, privilege separation is no
... because, that is, I think, what I am seeing:
- the userid of child sshd is still 'cyg_server' ...
- and I get an elevated shell when I login ...
Not what I expected ...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple