[ANNOUNCEMENT] gnutls 3.5.11-1
- Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 15:51:47 -0500
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] gnutls 3.5.11-1
The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution:
GnuTLS is a secure communications library implementing the SSL, TLS and
DTLS protocols and technologies around them. It provides a simple C
language application programming interface (API) to access the secure
communications protocols as well as APIs to parse and write X.509, PKCS#12,
OpenPGP and other required structures.
This is an update to the latest upstream release, which includes fixes for
CVE-2016-7444, CVE-2017-5334, CVE-2017-5335, CVE-2017-5336, and CVE-2017-5337:
This release also includes several packaging changes:
* ABI/API break in the main library, now packaged as libgnutls30;
* the C++ bindings, which did not break ABI/API, are in a separate package;
* DANE library added as a separate package;
* the Guile bindings are built for Guile 2.0;
* depends on the new nettle-3.3.
An update to the latest 3.3 maintenance release of libgnutls28 -- without
the C++ bindings -- has also been made available for packages which have
yet to be rebuilt.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple