Web lists-archives.com

Re: Latest 64 bit cygwin miscompiles gawk master

Hi Corinna,

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Watch several of the checks crash and burn
>
> No, I don't.  I just ran the exact sequence as above on a x86_64 Windows
> 10 machine with Cygwin 2.8.0 and gcc 5.4.0 and "ALL TESTS PASSED".

See the note I just posted. If gawk is configured to not compile
against MPFR and GMP it does crash and burn, even on the older cygwin.

I think we never saw this before because we "know" to install those
libraries first...

Gag... I just tried under Linux. I see the same problem. So it's
generic, at least to 5.4.0.

I will see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks anyway,

Arnold