Re: /bin/ gets deleted on error
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 15:29:20 +0200
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: /bin/ gets deleted on error
On 13/04/2017 15:13, Felipe Vieira wrote:
Dear cygwin mailing list,
For the second time this week my /bin/ folder gets obliterated on an
error during normal usage. It is equivalent of doing the infamous "rm
-rf /bin" .
1) I would like to know if there is a log for cygwin somewhere so I
can be more useful in specifying what happened.
2) My 'specs' are: windows 7 64 bits with cygwin64 . I wonder if
cygwin64 is considered 'stable'.
From what I recall the terminal was spamming messages containing the
words "fork" , "-1" and some others which I don't recall. And what I
did was trying to run a normal zsh script.
I am not able to tell exactly what I did on both occasions to trigger
any history file on your home directory ?
Nevertheless thanks for the great software. If it were not for you
guys I don't know how I could cope with Windows.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple