[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.8.0-0.4
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:32:31 +0100
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.8.0-0.4
I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.8.0-0.4
This version (hopefully) fixes the concurrency problems in cygserver.
This is the only change compared to 2.8.0-0.3.
I'm planning for a release next week. I'm still trying to find the
cause for a bug, but either way, I'll release next week. Please test.
- New API: timingsafe_bcmp, timingsafe_memcmp
- New API: dladdr
- cygcheck and strace now always generate output with Unix LF line endings,
rather than with DOS/Windows CR LF line endings.
- fork now preserves the load order of unrelated dlopen'd modules.
- pthread_cond_wait now acts like Linux and BSD: Resume waiting for the
condition variable as if it was not interrupted, rather than returning 0.
- Fix a few problems which are the combined culprit of fork failing
when called recursively from a pthread.
- Fix potential buffer overflow in getrandom.
- Fix write(2) return value for writes > 2 GB.
- Workaround Windows NUL having the same problem for writes > 4 GB.
- Fix a potential crash in duplocale.
- Fix dlopen/dlclose reference counting to make sure FreeLibrary isn't
called too early in forked process.
- Fix concurrency problems in cygserver.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple