Web lists-archives.com

strace (from git) segfaults




This is a silly one because I ran gdb --args strace ls and it doesn't crash. Then I ran 'gdb --args strace strace ls' and it crashed in gdb ONCE! However, I don't usually work on Cygwin/Windows so I think gdb loaded up the wrong debug info and/or source files. I built cygwin-newlib from git (with -O2 -g3) and did make install, so I didn't strip them. Anyway, this is the measly backtrace I got and I wish I hadn't restarted the debug session because I haven't been able to get it to happen in the debugger since:

#0 0x0000000076f4c3bc in KERNEL32!GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeNameW () from /c/Windows/system32/kernel32.dll #1 0x00000001800c8b54 in dos_drive_mappings::dos_drive_mappings() () from /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
#2  0x000000018005fc25 in cygwin_internal () from /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
#3 0x0000000000402b7b in main2 (argc=argc@entry=3, argv=0x0, argv@entry=0x5a2010) at ../../../../../winsup/utils/strace.cc:1175 #4 0x00000000004074ea in main (argc=3, argv=0x5a2010) at ../../../../../winsup/utils/strace.cc:1195

Also, I even overwrote the cygwin1.dll with another build, I don't even have that *blushes*

Daniel

--
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple