[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.8.0-0.1
- Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 10:49:44 +0100
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.8.0-0.1
I uploaded a new Cygwin test release 2.8.0-0.1
I'm planning for a release next week. Please test.
- New API: timingsafe_bcmp, timingsafe_memcmp
- New API: dladdr
- cygcheck and strace now always generate output with Unix LF line endings,
rather than with DOS/Windows CR LF line endings.
- fork now preserves the load order of unrelated dlopen'd modules.
- pthread_cond_wait now acts like Linux and BSD: Resume waiting for the
condition variable as if it was not interrupted, rather than returning 0.
- Fix a few problems which are the combined culprit of fork failing
when called recursively from a pthread.
- Fix potential buffer overflow in getrandom.
- Fix write(2) return value for writes > 2 GB.
- Workaround Windows NUL having the same problem for writes > 4 GB.
- Fix a potential crash in duplocale.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple