git commit can't fork for vi, and takes over 10 minutes to fail!
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 17:23:54 -0500
- From: Marty Shannon <mjshannon3@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: git commit can't fork for vi, and takes over 10 minutes to fail!
User@DESKTOP /cygdrive/z/mykif/sumo $ time git commit -a 0 [main] git 3576 child_info::sync: wait failed, pid 6788, Win32 error 0 96 [main] git 3576 fork: child -1 - forked process 6788 died unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code 0x1D29857, errno 11 error: cannot fork() for vi: Resource temporarily unavailable 0 [main] git 6788 C:\cygwin64-root\bin\git.exe: *** fatal error in forked process - WFSO timed out after longjmp 4281 [main] git 6788 cygwin_exception::open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to git.exe.stackdump error: unable to start editor 'vi' Please supply the message using either -m or -F option. real 11m51.868s user 0m0.031s sys 0m0.046s
Description: Binary data
-- Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/ Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
- Prev by Date: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mc-4.8.19-1
- Next by Date: Re: pthread_create() slowdown with concurrent sched_yield()
- Previous by thread: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mc-4.8.19-1
- Next by thread: git push fork for pack-objects fails, and takes more than 10 minutes to fail!